Thursday, November 5, 2009

Well its obviously been a long while since i've posted. I will back up a little. Not long before summer came to an End I spent quite a bit of time at my Grandpa's bedside. He had suffered a stroke one Sunday morning and in recovery when two weeks later we were told that he may not make it through the night. The Lord had blessed me in a couple different ways this same week and I could see how he had guided me to be where I needed to be. I worked daytime at the Megaplex theater and they were starting to cut back hours. At first, I was upset about it. I needed as much work as I could get to pay for school. But when I heard the news of my Grandpa I was thrilled to not have to work. I spent Monday with my Mom in Grandpas room. To first see him the way he was, not able to move or really respond tore my mom and I apart inside. We slowly adjusted and shared our tears and laughter along with other family members that came. I also was able to visit on Tuesday. That same day we were told that they didn't think he would truly make it through the night let alone past dinner time. I had to leave for work but 45 minutes after leaving I was informed my grandfather had passed away. Having to look somewhat decent at work was not easy. I am so grateful for those two days that I was able to say goodbye for now and tell him I loved him. As hard as it was to see him go, we and Grandpa new it was time. The following Thursday I spend the afternoon In Logan Job searching, one of my least favorite things to do. After a few hours of what felt like useless paperwork and wasted time I decided to walk into Little Ceasars and fill out an application even though it was not on my list. As I was filling out an application, the manager noticed and came over. While looking over my almost completed application we began to talk, him asking about my past jobs and stuff. And that was basically it. they weren't desperate but he offered me the job for when I got back from my week visit to AZ. Not sure its the job I wanted but I was thrilled with relief that i'd have at least some kind of job waiting for me. Grandpas Funeral was the following Saturday. That week was full of sadness and happiness all in one. But I could see the Lords hand in it. He placed me in South Jordan close enough where I could be near family in time of need, close enough to see my grandfather and still work. Getting a job when my hopes were low. After spending the summer In South Jordan, working, with little social life, I am now back In Logan going to school. It is Great to be back in a social atmosphere. I especially missed the ward. A year and a half of college and still no chosen major but I’m slowly getting there. While some laugh that I work at Little Ceasars, I am actually quite enjoying it. I have made some great friends there and I have an awesome boss. With those friends I have made caramel apples, carved pumpkins, tie dyed shirts and we all dressed up for halloween. Its been a blast! The Lord knows where I need to be. And as hard as it is at first to accept the way things go, I can usually see the reason not too long after.



No comments:

Post a Comment