Monday, May 14, 2012

The Walter Family Blog



I am working on updating my old blog and making it into our new Family blog.  This may take some time because it takes a long time for me to learn how to use blogspot.

First a little about us

Melissa
I was born and raised in Utah, the youngest of 4 children.  Most of my growing years were spent in South Jordan, UT, in a home I can never forget.  A pretty big change and experience came when I moved with my parents to AZ  my junior year of high school.  It had its pros and cons but sometimes I really miss AZ. I am currently attending Utah State University with a major in Family Finance and a minor in personal financial planning.  My ultimate, and first choice career, is to be a mother, but i couldn't wait around doing nothing until that happened so I chose a degree which I found interesting and could benefit as a career or in my own home.  I am super excited to be graduating with my Bachelor's in December 2012.

Whipple
Whipple was born and raised in Washington.  He often misses the rain and Utah's rain doesn't do justice.  In high school he and his family moved here to Logan, UT.  He played high school basketball and continues to play through community rec centers.  He loves it and I love watching him play.  Whipple served a 2 year full time and honorable mission in Hawaii.  It makes me giggle every time he says Hawaii or talks like he is in Hawaii.  Whipple is also attending Utah State University.  He is Majoring in Public Health and minoring in Chemistry and Biology. Sure is a lot of work and I am so proud of his hard work. He plans on going to dental school and would like to specialize in Orthodontics.  Ever since he was little he saw others with this career path and wanted to have the freedom and time it allotted for family. 


Whipple and I met through working at Little Ceasars.  Pizza Pizza!! We still both work there and enjoy it but look forward to moving on with our careers.  We dated for about two weeks before I went on a study abroad in Europe. We wrote or Skyped each other every day I was gone.  He says he knew he was going to marry me after the first date but it took a while longer for me to find out for myself. 



Whipple proposed near the Logan temple on August 21, 2011 and we were married in the Bountiful Temple December 17, 2011
























No comments:

Post a Comment